The Pharmacy Technician shall comply with all applicable hospital policies, procedures, codes, and standards. The Pharmacy Technician shall work under the direct supervision of a Licensed Pharmacist. Pharmacy Technicians shall not perform duties that can only be performed by a Licensed Pharmacist.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Must be willing to become certified within 90 days.
• Previous hospital/pharmacy experience preferred but not required
• Assist Pharmacist in specific job responsibilities.
• Lay out supplies on floor stock envelopes for final check.
• Serve as courier for deliveries and pickups.
• Assist Pharmacist in specific dispensing functions. Demonstrates competency in the following:
• Receiving and interpreting medication
• Profiling such orders
• Routinely refilling medication cart patient drawers
• Completing paperwork on such functions
• Demonstrates competency in performing IV additive functions and total parenteral nutrition preparation as directed by Pharmacist.
• Maintain prepackaged stock for night box
• Assume specific inventory responsibilities as directed
If you have any questions, please call Human Resource at ext. 505.