Position Overview: The Certified Pharmacy Technician shall comply with all applicable hospital policies, procedures, codes, and standards. The Pharmacy Technician shall work under the direct supervision of a Licensed Pharmacist. Pharmacy Technicians shall not perform duties that can only be performed by a Licensed Pharmacist.
In need of: 7AM-7PM Emergency Room Med Rec Tech and rotating weekends
In need of: 3PM-11PM Evening Tech
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Current Pharmacy Technician License in the State of Tennessee is required.
- Current Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT) is required.
- Experience: Previous hospital/pharmacy experience preferred but not required.
- Ensure that medication lists are updated for every patient admitted to the emergency department.
- Improve accuracy of medication histories prior to admission.
- Optimize patient outcomes through interdisciplinary medication management in the emergency epartment.
- Lay out supplies on floor stock envelopes for final check.
- Serve as courier for deliveries and pickups.
- Receiving and interpreting medication.
- Profiling such orders.
- Routinely refilling medication cart patient drawers.
- Completing paperwork on such functions.
- 401(k) Matching
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Sweetwater Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.” DRUG FREE WORKPLACE -“all positions/ applicants require drug testing as a condition of employment.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE -“all positions/ applicants require drug testing as a condition of employment”
email resume to: email@example.com