Position Overview: Responsible for the administration of all respiratory care modalities under the supervision, control, and responsibility of a licensed physician in addition to specific testing techniques to assist in diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment in which respiratory care practitioners have been properly trained.
*$10,000 SIGN ON BONUS TO ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES*
HOURS: Full-Time Position
Minimum Education: Completion of an approved school of respiratory care.
Licensure Requirements: Valid CRT/RRT Credential by the National Board for Respiratory Care. Licensed as a registered Respiratory Therapist by the State of Tennessee Health Related Boards with ABG endorsement. Current work-permit acceptable per state regulations.
- Therapeutic administration of oxygen including all delivery devices their proper use, indications, contraindications, hazards and appropriate safety measures.
- Administration of prescribed medication to the cardio-respiratory system including, proper dosage, indications, contraindications, and possible adverse reactions.
- Demonstrates competency/proficiency in the performance of arterial blood gases and analysis per department policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates competency in administration of proper humidification devices.
- Demonstrates competency in administration of aerosol therapy.
- Administration of IPPB therapy
- Administration of ultrasonic therapy
- Administration of chest physiotherapy and postural drainage.
- Delivery of mechanical ventilation
- Perform oximetry measures
- Perform pulmonary function testing
- Perform peak flow measurements
- Perform treadmill stress testing
- Application of holter monitor and scan of holter monitor
- Perform EEG
- Perform EKG
- Follows prescribed strategies to recognize a problem, to identify direct causes (technique or equipment) and make simple corrections using predetermined criteria.
Sweetwater Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.”
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE -“all positions/ applicants require drug testing as a condition of employment”
email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org