HOURS: Full-Time- Dayshift
The nursing staffing coordinator generates, manages and updates master schedules while making adjustments as needed according to budgetary constraints, census fluctuations, call-ins, and pre-planned leaves of absence.
• Fulfilling staffing vacancies in advance to ensure adequate coverage for all shifts.
• Keeping meticulous attendance records and assisting with the progressive disciplinary process if staff members accrue excessive absences and/or tardiness.
• Utilizing computer software to prepare, change and update the master schedule
• Reviewing requests for paid time off, vacation, maternity leave, FMLA and unpaid leaves of absence
• Participate in the process of interviewing, hiring, onboarding and orienting new employees
• Communicating with unit managers and the chief nursing officer regarding floor orientation scheduling for newly hired employees in the nursing department.
Education: Preferred Graduate from High School or equivalent is preferred.
Experience: Prior staff scheduling experience is preferred.
Sweetwater Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.”
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE -“all positions/ applicants require drug testing as a condition of employment”