- Knowledgeable of use and care of surgical instruments
- Comprehends and practices sterile techniques when applicable. Arranges sterile set up for operations.
- Completes Patient Assessment and Develops an appropriately prioritized Plan of Care
- Demonstrates communication skills necessary to interpret age specific response to care.
- Passes instruments, sponges and suture to surgeon and assistants.
- Has ability to charge items correctly.
- Maintains Required Licensure/ Certification (ACLS/PALS/CPR/NRP)
- Orders and replaced stock as needed
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Licensure: Certified Surgical Technician or meets grandfather requirements for state of Tennessee
Experience is preferred, however will provide on the job training. Sweetwater Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.”
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE -“all positions/ applicants require drug testing as a condition of employment”