JOB TITLE: REGISTRATION CLERK/CLINIC
JOB SUMMARY: The Registration Clerk shall greet and register patients as well as perform general medical receptionist duties including cashier and scheduling of appointments.
REPORTS TO: REGISTRATION SUPERVISOR
Education: Graduate from High School or equivalent. Prefer medical terminology course.
Experience: Will provide on-the-job-training, however prefer previous medical office experience.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
*Good typing speed with accuracy
*Computer skills and knowledge
*Spelling skills essential
*Ability to prioritize tasks and handle interruptions
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
* Hearing-Hearing acuity sufficient to perform job functions
* Speaking-Verbal ability is required in dealing with patients, co-workers and visitors. Pleasant and professional telephone manners are required.
* Vision-Normal visual acuity
* Other-Ability to handle stressful situations on the phone or in person.
* Ability to prioritize tasks and handle interruptions.
* Motor coordination and finger dexterity
• Average % for time during regular shift devoted to:
• Standing: 10-20
• Walking: 10-20
• Squatting: 0-10
• Sitting: 60-80