Performs repetitive tasks in maintaining assigned areas of the hospital in a sanitary, attractive and orderly condition. Cleans and services hospital building area, moves furniture, equipment, and supplies around hospital departments, and performs a variety of housekeeping duties.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Experience is preferred, however will provide on-the-job-training.
• Cleans assigned areas by washing furnishings, floors, and equipment with special cleaning solutions and disinfectants to prevent spread of disease.
• Uses dust cloths and vacuum cleaner to dust window seals, blinds, floors and furniture. Periodically polishes floors using buffing machine and polish. Empties trash baskets and arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion.
• Scours and polishes sinks, tubs, mirrors, and similar equipment, replenishing supplies of soap, towels, and other dispensable items.
• Reports any mechanical failures or negative conditions as observed in assigned area for preparation of work order for maintenance.
• Collects soiled linens and transports them to laundry. Sorts, inspects, counts and records laundered items received from laundry before storing on shelves or filling department requisitions. Inventories linen items periodically to determine replacement needs in order to maintain adequate supply
• Cleans lighting fixtures, top of windows, door frames, and other high places using a ladder when necessary.
If you have any questions, please call Human Resource at ext. 505.