It is the policy of Sweetwater Hospital Association to provide quality healthcare services to patients regardless of their ability to pay/and or their ethnic origin.
Financial counselors are available to assist patients with questions and concerns related to payment for services, insurance coverage, Tenncare application, uninsured discounts, and charity program applications. Financial counselors can be reached by calling 865-213-8537.
Speak with the Business Office 865-213-8401 for an estimate of your hospital care cost or view Price Information.
Please see the following for information related to each program/assistance program.
Charity discounts are available to all patients who apply and are deemed eligible. Charity discounts are available to those who are uninsured and earn up to 100% of the amounts published in the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
For patients not eligible for financial assistance, it is the policy of Sweetwater Hospital Association to permit patients, where eligible, to make regular payments on a monthly basis. Sweetwater Hospital Association does utilize external collection firms for debt collection as needed.
It is the policy of Sweetwater Hospital Association to:
- Treat all patients equally with dignity, respect and compassion.
- Serve the emergency health needs of everyone regardless of their ability to pay.
Assist patients who cannot pay for all or part of care received at Sweetwater Hospital Association.
- Respond promptly to the patient’s questions regarding accounts and requests for financial assistance.
- Make information available to patients regarding the financial policy and charity care.
- Have clear understanding of written policies to help patients determine if they are eligible for hospital-sponsored financial assistance programs.
- Have written policies regarding discounts to patients who do not qualify under the charity care policy.
- Ensure that outside collection agencies follow hospital billing and collection guidelines.
Uninsured, Self Pay Patients:
Patients with no insurance coverage are eligible for discounts. Patients may contact the Business Office at 865-213-8401.
Monthly Payment Arrangements:
Patients are permitted to make monthly payment arrangements for amounts owed. Efforts will be made to collect balances in full by cash, check or credit card prior to establishing payment arrangements. The minimum monthly payment can be no less than $5.00.
Use of Outside Agencies/Attorneys:
When it is determined that the patient has not responded to request for payment, an account may be referred to an outside collection agency or attorney for collection assistance.
When appropriate, Sweetwater Hospital Association reserves the right to seek judgment for those patients who have refused to pay outstanding accounts.
For more information regarding Sweetwater Hospital Association’s charity policy, applicants may contact the Patient Account Representatives at 865-213-8537.