The information provided on this site is an estimate of the “Standard Charges” as defined by CMS’s Price Transparency Rules for a medical service or procedure. It does not represent the actual amount you will be charged as many variables are involved in providing the amount such as:
- The length of time spent performing the procedure
- Amount of equipment and supplies used
- Quantity of medications and special drugs administered
- Additional or same tests ordered over a period
- Or any unexpected conditions or complications that can occur
- Our negotiated charge with your insurance company.
Physician and Non-Physician Providers are not included in the “Standard Charges” and are billed separately. Examples include:
- Physician and Consulting visits
- Surgeon and Anesthesiologist
- Emergency Room physicians
The amount paid by your insurance and your benefits will ultimately determine the amount you owe. Checking with your insurance company is the best way for you to understand what you owe.
If you have no insurance, we discount the charges to comply with state and federal requirements. We will also work to assist you in finding coverage.
If you would like an estimate of your out of pocket expenses for your upcoming procedure please contact our Business Office at (865) 213-8401 or by email at: BusinessOffice@SweetwaterHospital.org
In accordance with Hospital Price Transparency Final Rule, Sweetwater Hospital Association has provided a consumer-friendly display of standard charges for 300 shoppable services, including the 70 CMS-specified shoppable services.