FULL TIME SHIFT
7:00 pm-7:00 am
The Phlebotomist performs venipunctures and capillary collections of blood samples on hospital and outpatients and employees. All clerical duties related to specimens being sent other laboratories including sending out reports on return from the Reference Laboratory
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure: Certification preferred but not required
Experience: Individuals with experience in venipuncture procedures will be given preference.
• Venipunctures and capillary collections of blood samples on hospital and out-patients and other employees. Properly performs venipunctures using age-appropriate techniques.
• Separate serum from red cells for specimens going to other laboratories.
• Perform verification of patient demographic information in their presence.
• Answering phone inquiries.
• All clerical duties related to specimens being sent to other laboratories including sending out reports on return from the reference laboratory.
• Filing lab copies of reports.
• Keep drawing area with supplies and maintains appearance and cleanliness of same.
• Understands relationship between duties and patient care.
• Willingly extends assistance in a congenial manner to meet customer needs.
Sweetwater Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.”
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE -“all positions/ applicants require drug testing as a condition of employment”
If you have any questions, please call Human Resource at ext. 505.