IF YOUR DOCTOR HAS SCHEDULED YOU FOR A COLONOSCOPY, PLEASE COME TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM REGISTRATION LOCATED IN THE FRONT OF THE HOSPITAL TO THE LEFT OF THE MAIN ENTRANCE A FEW MINUTES BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT. YOU WILL REGISTER THERE. IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE A PHONE IS LOCATED IN THE LOBBY LABELED SURGERY PATIENTS REGISTRATION.
- A clear liquid diet is required for twenty-four (24) hours prior to your procedure. (Clear liquids include broth, tea, black coffee, jello, ginger ale, apple juice, popsicles, etc.)
- At 6:00 PM, drink 8 oz. of the Golytly every 15 minutes until gone.
- You must not have anything to eat or drink after midnight the day before your procedure.
- If you are on a blood pressure or heart medication that you usually take in the morning,
you may do so with a small sip of water.
- It takes approximately thirty (30) minutes for your physician to perform your procedure.
Then you will go to the recovery room for at least thirty (30) minutes.
- The sedation you will receive during the procedure will make you drowsy. Plan to take the
rest of the day off from school or work.
- Someone must be present to drive you home.
- Please bring a current medication list with you.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR ARE UNABLE TO KEEP YOUR APPOINTMENT, PLEASE CALL 865-213-8590.