Position Overview: Perform a variety of radiographic procedures using fixed and mobile radiographic equipment; apply knowledge and skills in general, fluoroscopic, surgical, and mobile environments; demonstrate competency in all patient age groups.
SCHEDULE: FULL TIME
*$10,000 SIGN ON BONUS TO ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES*
Perform a variety of radiographic procedures using fixed and mobile radiographic equipment; apply knowledge and skills in general, fluoroscopic, surgical, and mobile environments; demonstrate competency in all patient age groups.
- Implement patient care in accordance with hospital and departmental policies.
- Prioritize work to meet patient needs.
- Demonstrate integrity, provide excellence in patient care, and compassion towards patients, families and coworkers.
- Assist with education, training and orientation of new personnel and students.
- Maintain professional credentials through continuing medical education, including current BCLS status.
- Ensure all Radiation Safety guidelines are met.
Responsibilities: (List does not include all duties assigned)
- Prepares patients for radiologic procedures.
- Takes x-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety, including proper use of shielding equipment, and OSHA requirements.
- Ensures equipment is in working order. Reports equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
- Processes radiologic logs and other paperwork in a timely, thorough and accurate manner.
- Maintains examination rooms. Stocks necessary medical and radiologic supplies.
- Assists with other clinical procedures as appropriate.
- Maintains required and appropriate certifications, including radiologic and CPR.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Adheres to all aspects of the corporate compliance plan.
- Performs related tasks as requested by supervisor.
EDUCATION: Associates degree (A.A.) from two-year college or technical school.
EXPERIENCE: At least one year experience in a similar clinical setting preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Registered with American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) required, CT training preferred.
Sweetwater Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.”
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE – “all positions/ applicants require drug testing as a condition of employment.”