• Interview new patients and complete nursing history upon admission.
• Make patient rounds at the beginning of the shift and periodically during the shift.
• Implements discharge planning-give appropriate teaching and documentation to the family/patient
• Initiate care plan, realistically set goals and establish discharge criteria.
• Review and update care plan to meet changing needs of the patient.
• Assist delivering practitioner when needed.
• Report to delivering practitioner any concerns regarding the patient’s condition.
• Keep medication and supply cabinets stocked.
• Evaluate the response of the patient to their care plan.
• Receive and transfer orders and document in the appropriate areas of the medical record.
• Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing program.
• Current licensure as an RN in Tennessee or compact state.LS, ACLS, NRP and PALS certification, or obtain within 6 months of employment.
• Prior experience in obstetrical nursing preferred.
• Must exhibit excellent customer service skills in dealing with patients, visitors and fellow employees.
• Able to assess patient’s vital signs, condition, recognizing need for intervention.
• Ability to stand for long periods, stoop, bend, transfer, transport or re-position patients with assistance.
• Must be able to work as a team member as well as independently while maintaining patient confidentiality
If you have any questions, please call Human Resource at ext. 505.