Performs general clerical duties by preparing, completing, and maintaining records in the hospital nursing unit.
• Communicates effectively with other staff, departments, shift, patients, families, visitors, and Unit Secretary Supervisor.
• Transcribes physician’s orders, refers all stat orders to Charge Nurse immediately.
• Answers phone and relays messages promptly.
• Makes rounds to each nursing unit each shift (alternates between 2nd & 3rd floor) to pick up and return lab, x-ray, Pharmacy sheets, etc.)
• Maintains a safe environment for patients, visitors and personnel.
• Maintains Required Licensure/ Certification (ACLS/PALS/CPR/NRP)
Education: Graduate from High School or equivalent preferred
Experience: Previous experience is an asset, however will provide on-the-job-training. Up to three (3) months on the job training and experience is normally required for satisfactory performance on this job.
If you have any questions, please call Human Resource at ext. 505.